14 March, 2006

Halliburton -- KBR


These civilian contractors were some of the hardest working people I worked with in Iraq. All that I met were highly qualified and dedicated. They generally worked 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. After three or six months in country, they earned a 15 day vacation.

Here is a picture of two of them on the newly created AMC north ramp at Mosul, Iraq after about one month of operations. That day there were about seven aircraft that required loading and unloading including passengers and DVs (distinguished visitors). It was about 120 degrees fahrenheit that day, the day I left in late July.

Some people in this country use the word like as a smear. I challenged one person who did that to go ahead and work for them just one year and then talk about them. He declined when I told him of the work schedule. Liberals are big on talk, but small on actions.

5 Comments:

Blogger Brooke said...

With the announcement of Dubai's intent to sell to an American company within six months, any bets on it being Haliburton?

15.3.06  
Blogger Chief RZ said...

Brooke-- Thanks for the visit. I took a look at your blog before commenting. I'll check back there. I'm not sure which intent you refer to. Please give more info. While I was in Iraq, whenever I saw a contractor I asked him who he worked for. At Mosul there were about five different contract companies besides KBR. I talked with the head there. He was ex-Air Force, highly qualified and had taken a pay cut to help out. Lately, Haliburton has tried to shy away from the spotlight. I wish some of the Democrats and MSM types would report and stop speculating. If you haven't seen it, try: IraqTheModel for a blog with boots down.

16.3.06  
Blogger rev. billy bob gisher ©2008 said...

i have no problems with the rank and file halliburton worker, god bless them. the board and their accountants, now that is a entirely different thing.

23.3.06  
Blogger Chief RZ said...

billy-- I took about 15 minutes to read your blog entries, check out a few of your links and then attempt to interpret your comment.
Your blog is seeped with sarcasm and difficult to understand. I do not think you are ordained. I think that you are union connected and live in Canada. What evidence do you have that your implication that the board and their accountants are a problem?

23.3.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post :-) NOt often HAL/KBR get a pat on the back for the work we do...

15.7.09  

Post a Comment

<< Home