28 April, 2006

Middle American Values

I just returned from a trip to Oklahoma City. While there, I noticed the FFA gathering for their state convention. The 30,000 reportedly there were well behaved and reflected middle america's values. My faith in these values, like the Amish in Lancaster, PA has been renewed. No graffitti, no profanity, no poor behavior. Respect for elders, children, American values and patriotism.

I visited the blast site and gardens. The divide is over values. Good vs. evil. More on this later. Some are unappologetic like reporters leaking classified information; like the rosenbergs and the weathermen of the 70s. Depraved individuals with no core values except their drug-influenced convoluted thinking.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chief RZ said...

t.l. -- Good point, of course, and thanks for the post. A good question could be: what is the percentage turnout in Middle America? Of course, one reason why I am blogging is an attempt to get The Truth out of the East and West Coasts! Yes, they will, for our survival, the elections will be very important.

28.4.06  
Blogger WomanHonorThyself said...

Nice to see some values for a change eh?..feel like you went back in time!

28.4.06  
Blogger Chief RZ said...

Yes ! This is what I was thinking was lost. The last time I saw it was in Europe in 2000.

28.4.06  
Blogger Brooke said...

I almost thought that I had awoken in an alternate reality after reading your post!

Wish I could've been there!

30.4.06  
Blogger Chief RZ said...

Brooke-- Thanks. We seem to get in a rut, not traveling and enjoying the beauty of the USA. Many times, the ugly, loud, evil people grab all the headlines and convince us otherwise. It takes a memory and faith in people to correct that warped view. Just saw United 93.

1.5.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home