13 January, 2006

A Vietnam Veteran's thoughts

It has been quite a while for some, but they are "coming home". Here is an email from a VET I met at a Church Thanksgiving dinner:

"Some civilians do not understand what it took to be a career soldier, airman, sailor or marine. I have a navy friend that he and i have had words over people that cry over Nam they are crybabies he told me boy i told him in a hurry, that yes you were in Korea where u had 3 hots, a bunk with white sheets every day but i went 57 days without a hot meal no way out of the cold, 70 pounds on my back hiking mile after mile day and night and u just cried because u had watch on a cold night".

"The new generation just dose not seem to care what we went through, i do not care what service u were in u were away from home and loved ones, to the comfort oe setting arround the family table telling of the day u had or planning a fishing trip with the son and family, my first wife and the family were all outdoorsman the wife wanted the stars gor a roof cuddled up next to a warm fire in a sleeping bag listening for the masked bandit to arrive to see what was for eats, or hearing the snort of a Maine woods buck that has picked up our scent. Or getting a big salmon on the end of a fly rod, oh ya but the kids do not have to and most will not. oh ya we missed home no matter what we did in the service. Personally i would hate to think i did not go to war not only for my family but all the world to maby havge peace but that will never happen peace will never come .why? God said so. all for now" -- name withheld by request, but words with his permission.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Came accross this site today - fly reels. I believe it's new and I was amazed by the pics in the pdf they're giving away, so I'm looking for recommendations from someone who knows, before I buy this fly fishing training manual.

7.2.06  
Blogger Chief RZ said...

Vietnam Vets--
I was not sure about david and his post. It may have some connection. If any VET reads this and doesn't see a connection, I will take it down. It does appear to be nothing more than a veiled attempt at advertising, however, which I will not get involved with.

7.2.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Came accross this site today - fly rods. I believe it's new and I'm looking for recommendations from someone who knows, before I make any judgements.

18.2.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home